Thursday, April 23, 2009

This side up!

Bloomberg is reporting that the home prices rose 0.7% in February, which was preceded by a 1% increase in January. This is the first time home prices have gone up for 2 straight months in almost 2 years. In addition to this, MarketWatch is reporting that the mortgage applications rose 5.3% last week.

That was yesterday while I was in the midst of writing up this blog about the January and February increases in home sales but I had put it off aside till today as I was busy... just then today, I found this article on CNN about home sales falling 3% in March! I guess that is what was meant by that age old proverb "Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today!" But then again it saved me from writing an extra blog entry!

According to the article, fortunately this time the experts are predicting there are signs of price stabilization... but then again, with so much volatility any one can be an expert these days. The chance of being right one way or the other looks pretty good!

No comments: